Health & Safety
Our commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace is exceptional. We have our own in-house employed NEBOSH qualified H&S advisor who visits sites on a regular basis providing feedback on our performance and highlighting any other concerns that may be present. We also employ the services of an external H&S advisor who visits each site once a month. All of our contracts managers are fully qualified first aiders and they have all completed the CITB 5 day SMSTS site management safety training course. All of our site supervisors have completed the CITB 2 day SSSTS site supervisor safety training course.
- AC PLC is accredited to the industry respected Achilles Building Confidence (Level 5), which gives main contractors the confidence that the Group is compliant with all key aspects of health and safety law. Copies of all accreditations can be downloaded by clicking on the relevant logo at the bottom of the page.
- We have held a CHAS (Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme) certificate for the past two years.
- We have attained a OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Accreditation.
- Our Project Managers have responsibility for Health and Safety on site and have all successfully obtained SMSTS 5 day certificates and are available on request. All site supervisors have 2 day SSSTS certificates again, which are available on request.
- AC PLC employs our own qualified PAT testing engineer and own state-of-the-art testing equipment. This investment helps us to keep optimal control over portable equipment used by our fitting teams on site on major projects.
- Our Continual Improvement activity of site safety practices include:
- Improvements in the type of knives
- Use of cut resistant gloves
- Use of straight edge protectors
- Pre-cutting of flooring where possible
- Use of lower hazard materials and low volatile glues and adhesives
Reasons we are a trusted contractor
The airport sector is one of the many complex transportation links within the travelling industry – Whilst works are being carried out we ensure they are conducted efficiently and that minimal disruption occurs.Airports Case studies
We have completed a number of large and complex projects within the commercial sector through innovative approaches, examples being London’s The Shard and London Bridge.Commercial Case studies
When working within the defence sector we partner with the government and ministry of defence to ensure the operational constraints we work in have protocols to successfully complete the construction process.Defence Case studies
AC have a profound knowledge on the educational sector. We have the capabilities to supply and install materials to provide comprehensive campus facilities – We carry out work from academic schools to universities, no project being too complexEducation Case studies
When carrying out works on the healthcare sector we provide suitable and sustainable fit outs throughout our projects. We only supply and install the best suited products with the ease of maintenance kept in mindHealthcare Case studies
When carrying out works for the hotel sector we keep in mind the idea of exceptional hospitality and high quality materials. AC have been the sub-contractor for flagship London hotels such as The Connaught and worked with complex urban hotel renovations such as the Hyatt Regency Hotel – Trinidad.Hotels Case studies
Our scope of works include leisure facilities such as football clubs, theatres and leisure centres - making attractions vibrant establishments for the local community and further reach visitors.Leisure Case studies
AC have a wealth of experience in the housing industry and have worked closely with leading clients. We understand the importance of implementing materials with high durability throughout our works and that quality installations and products are key.Residential Case studies